Last Updated: June 17th, 2020
InfoSend is committed to protecting your privacy. Our security protocols and culture of client confidentiality ensure your peace of mind while we handle the outsourcing of critical billing statement processing, distribution and payment collection. The content below describes in detail InfoSend’s practices concerning the collection, use and disclosure of user information collected through our website.
When you register on the InfoSend website for information about our services ("Services"), or make a request for information, we will ask you to provide us with information that identifies you or allows us to contact you. The personal information that you provide us in these circumstances will be used solely by InfoSend for our own contact and delivery purposes. Unless you instruct us not to do so, we may utilize this personal information to contact you regarding services and/or products offered by InfoSend.
The Purpose of the Policy
We take your privacy seriously. We provide this Policy so that you understand how we treat the information that you provide us as you use the Services ("Collected Information").
This Policy applies only to information collected via the Services. It may not apply to information that we collect offline (for example, via phone calls). We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any material changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately as soon as we give you notice of them, which we may do by means including but not limited to issuing an email to the email address listed by registered users and/or posting the revised Policy on this page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Services after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and consent to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in these ways:
- User-Provided Information. We ask users to manually provide us with their name, email address and other contact information or free-form information about themselves from our sign-up forms. At other times during your use of the Services, we may also give you the opportunity to provide us with other information.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Services, we may automatically collect or generate information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your computer; web pages that you access within the Services; geographic information; a unique user ID; the type of browser, device or operating system you use; the version of our software that you are using; referring services or websites; search information; and usage and browsing information.
We refer to all of the information described in this section as "Collected Information."
How We Use Collected Information
We use Collected Information to deliver services to you, and for communicating with you about the Services. If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Services), we will provide you with the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose Collected Information
We will not sell, rent, license or disclose Collected Information to anyone, except:
- Where necessary for us to work with third-party companies that we use to provide the Services ("Third-Party Services," detailed below);
- In response to a court order or where required by law;
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment or illegal conduct; or
- To disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Services. These include: Google Analytics and Mailchimp, and may include others in the future.
Third-Party Services will handle Collected Information pursuant to their own privacy and security policies. By using our Services, you consent to our providing Collected Information with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
Some Third-Party Services, including Google, may use location information and other Collected Information to serve advertisements to consumers on other websites. For more information about how Google’s services use your Collected Information, see "How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services."
The security of your Collected Information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that your Collected Information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Services, you (a) consent to our using your Collected Information as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; (b) waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of Confidential Information by third parties unauthorized by us; and (c) agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of Confidential Information.
For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity-online-security.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the requisite power and authority to understand and consent to the practices described in this Policy.
Your Rights with Respect to Collected Information
To update, edit or delete the Collected Information that we keep, please simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and other storage technologies
When you use the Services, we or our Third-Party Services may use tools to collect information about how you use it. These tools may include cookies, web beacons or other storage technologies that store users' IDs or passwords to personalize web pages that they see and provide website analytics. We may also use these tools in advertising the Services. You are welcome to opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how do to so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)'s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative's Consumer Opt Out page.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Services.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of Collected Information except as stated expressly in this Policy or where required by law.
For More Information
Please direct any questions about this Policy to email@example.com.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The following information is provided to California Residents ("CCPA Policy") applies solely to those who reside in the State of California ("consumers" or "you") who visit the InfoSend website or use InfoSend services (our "Services"). We adopt this policy to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") and other California privacy laws. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
California consumers have the rights described below, subject to certain limitations under the CCPA.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, USE AND SHARE
InfoSend may collect "Personal Information" (information that is identifiable to a particular person) within the following categories:
- Category A. Identifiers. Types of identifiers we collect within this category include name, email address, postal address, online identifier, IP address, account number.
- Category B. Personal Information as defined under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e). Types of identifiers we collect within this category include name, postal address, telephone number.
- Category D. Commercial information. Types of identifiers we collect within this category include bill payment history, utility services consumption information.
- Category F. Internet or other electronic network activity information. Types of identifiers we collect within this category include information on a consumer's interaction with our websites.
Personal Information is obtained through two methods:
- InfoSend Sales Website: data collected here will be the responsibility of InfoSend.
- InfoSend Services: data collected here is generally obtained directly by InfoSend's clients or their agents, then shared with InfoSend by our clients or their agents. In limited circumstances, Personal Information is collected directly or indirectly through our Services, for example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically and/or from third-party referral partners or partners with whom we offer co-branded services.
InfoSend may disclose Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Providing our Services to our clients
- Presenting, operating, and maintaining our websites and Services
- Enabling trusted business partners to provide our clients with information regarding customer bills or payment obligations to billers and facilitating payment of those bills or obligations
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements and rules
- Authorizing access to and securing our websites and Services, including to authenticate users
- Otherwise fulfilling the purpose for which the information was provided
InfoSend may share the Personal Information we obtain with the following categories of third parties:
- Our clients or their agents
- Our affiliates and trusted partners
- Third parties that provide services or handle transactions on our behalf
- As necessary to protect, enforce or defend our legal rights, the users of our Services, or to comply with or enforce applicable law or legal process
- Third parties to whom our clients or their agents authorize us to disclose Personal Information in connection with our Services
InfoSend does not sell Personal Information to third parties as defined by the CCPA.
The CCPA provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes how a California consumer's CCPA rights may be exercised via client request of InfoSend.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
California residents have the right to request that InfoSend disclose certain information about our collection and use of Personal Information during the preceding twelve months. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request, we will disclose:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about a consumer
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information about a consumer
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about a consumer (also called a data portability request)
- The business purpose for collecting the Personal Information about a consumer
- The categories of Personal Information about a consumer that we shared or disclosed
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed that Personal Information
Deletion Request Rights
A consumer will also have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we collected from and retained during the preceding twelve months, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request, we will delete Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the rights described above, a consumer must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at +1 (800) 955-9330, or through our website at Contact InfoSend.
Only a consumer or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that has been authorized to act on a consumer's behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to Personal Information. A verifiable consumer may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of a minor child.
A consumer may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify a consumer is the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative.
- Describe the request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to requests or provide Personal Information if we cannot verify the identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information related to a consumer. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform the consumer of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at the consumer's option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide the consumer's Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow the consumer to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to verifiable consumer requests unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will disclose why we made that decision and provide the consumer with a cost estimate before completing the request.
We will not discriminate against consumers for exercising any CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not deny use of our Services or provide a different level or quality of Services.
CHANGES TO OUR CCPA POLICY
The information contained here summarizes our collection, use and sharing of Personal Information during the twelve months preceding the effective date of this CCPA Policy.
We will update this CCPA Policy from time to time. Any changes will be posted on our website with an updated effective date.